I am going to be working with the web team of (drumroll….) ADAM FREAKING CAROLLA!!!!!
I went into the offices and spent some time today…met Adam, met Donny, met Sandy, the IT guy I’ll be working most closely with. I get started next week!
I’ll be doing some WordPress maintenance and posting, RSS and XML work, some Social Media, and down the line (hopefully eventually they’ll let me, once they get to know me and become aware of my patent awesomeness, LOL) SEO work for the podcasts.
I’ve been SUCH a huge fan of Adam and his many projects for so many years that it’s a real honor to have the opportunity to contribute to his team. Also, as a died-in-the-wool internet geek, can I just tell you how amazing it is to have the chance to be a part of the team that puts out THE MOST POPULAR PODCAST IN THE HISTORY OF PODCASTS???!!!!!
I am beyond stoked right now!!!! 😀
This series of videos, Target Women, were brought to my attention by college roomie Evelyn. And they are AWESOME!
There’s about forty in the series, but here are four of my favorite:
The first, the classic, the original – YOGURT! 😀
Back 2 School
This is my favorite of the PS22 Chorus videos. And I don’t even like Coldplay! In fact, I like the PS22 version of this song quite a bit better than the original. 😛
Enjoy this little blast from the past News Report about people (GASP!) reading newspapers on computers 😀
I originally came across this video on Genuine Juice, and the blogger himself was actually interviewed for this news report as a kid, but ended up on the cutting room floor.
Here are a few notable things about this news report –
- The report is given by the TV Station’s “Science Editor” because it deals with computers. And, you know. They’re Science-y.
- The subject of the report dials the “local number” to connect his computer on his actual telephone! 😀 Hello, War Games!
- David Cole of the San Francisco Examiner was half-prescient. He predicted that newspapers on computers wouldn’t make a lot of money. Heh. That’s true. But he also said “We’re probably not going to lose money.” Wow, David. Inside 30 years this technology is going to decimate your entire industry. SOMEONE’S FACE IS RED!
- Only between 2,000 and 3,000 people in the San Francisco Bay Area owned computers!
- There is actually a title card that designates the subject as “Richard Halloran – Owns Home Computer”
- The TEXT ONLY edition of the newspaper takes over TWO HOURS to download!!! And service cost FIVE BUCKS AN HOUR!
Meredith, meet Megan. And vice versa. You guys have several things in common.
- You’re both on my Facebook friends list
- Both of your names start with “Me” – weird
- Both of you had Dickensian new years proclamations that ended up right next to each other in my feed.
I think this is fate, you guys should be friends! 😀
Saw this pointed at Mashable! (thanks Pete Cashmore, you digitial hottie you 😛) and had to try it for myself.
Here’s what was the top story on Buzz when I checked my Yahoo mail this morning –
And here was the news when I searched Google News –
The lesson? Crowdsourced news can bring interesting things to the forefront, but not all of it will be true!
Now we can enjoy the wit, 140 characters at a time. 😀
Follow him at http://twitter.com/_mattnathanson.
And, most importantly, enjoy! 😀